Missed page 1? Click here to start from the beginning.
Finally a working solution!
- Open Windows updates click on “Advanced options”
- Clear the option to get updates for other Microsoft products when you updates windows
- Restart, then check for updates
- The update process should complete successfully now (note, you may have to run it more than once to get all the updates)
- As soon as you get the message “Your device is up to date”, go to the “Advanced options” again and re-select the option to get updates for other Microsoft products
- Check for updates again, you should now be able to download and install them
I hope this solution will works for you just as it worked for be. I’d like to get your feedback in the comments section below. Thanks & Good luck!
Update #2 (17/12/2015)
Many thanks to Niek for sharing his solution by commenting on this post (you can find his comment below). If the above method doesn’t work for you try the following:
- Update windows defender first (from the security center).
- Follow the instructions above to update Windows only.
- Update other software.
I will be adding screen shots soon. Edit: 16/12/2015: Screen shots and detailed explanation added here.
Update #3 (27/3/2016)
Since I published this post, some readers have added alternative solutions to this error.
I have summarized all the solutions in the following post – Recap: Fixing Windows 10 Update Error 0x800705b4.
If the method above doesn’t work for you please take a look at the full list for alternative solutions.