Creating Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan for IKEA Israel
The main goal of this project was to establish a clear BC and DR procedures for IKEA in Israel. As an organization who already experienced a disaster (a store was completely burnt down, main data center included) it was clear that such procedures and future planning was needed.
Application KPI Index
Used to display the IT Services redundancy and recovery levels compared to their business impact level
A detailed view of the analysis for each application
This is where it all began
One fire initiated the project…
Use arrow keys to browse slides
- At first, I’ve lead a review and discussion about the business impact level of all the major IT Services in the organization
- Secondly, I’ve developed a formula to visually display the IT Services redundancy and recovery levels compared to their business impact level
- For those IT Services whom both levels didn’t match we have taken measures to match them
- For all major IT services we established a redundancy level to ensure that no single point of failure will lead to a “sales stop” scenario
- For all major IT services we wrote backup and DR procedures to meet the organization RPO and RTO requirements
- We then conducted a full DR test to make sure that all our procedures are accurate
- A process was put in place to make sure that all procedures are reviewed at least once a year, to make sure that they are up to date.
- As last step I’ve Communicated to the management the scope of the work and what has been achieved