IKEA Store Establishment – Qiryat Ata, Israel (Northern Area)
Future Checkout Line
Overview on the Future Market Hall
Getting the Market Hall Floor Ready
Good Team is the Key to any Successful Project
Keeping Everything in Control
Very Nicely Done Cabling Job
The Street Sign in Place Already
Much Better Looking Checkout Line
Mobile Labeling Solution
To be used on sales floor level
This little bear will forever be remembered as the first item sold in the store!
If You Build it They Will Come
Soft opening day was a HUGE success
- Following Netanya establishment project this was the second store establishment project in two years.
- Enjoying the benefits of a well trained team, we didn’t aim to “duplicate” the success, we wanted to do much better!
- With better understanding of what an establishment process is we have prepared a detailed plan to address the Inevitable delays in such project.
- One of the measures we took was to setup all of the systems in Netanya store, separating the IT tools and services setup, from the physical establishment. Later on we simply moved everything the new facility.
- We also had to overcome some challenges related to having some IT modules deployed in production for the first time in IKEA (globally), but with a close communication and involvement from IKEA IT we were able to address them in time as well.
- One of the most important things in such a project is to pick the proper IT staff that will provide on-site service to the store, and to train them in time. We were able to do that by recruiting 3-6 months prior to the opening, and providing OJT in existing stores, prior to the opening itself.
Opening day (and all the days that followed actually) were without any IT glitches of any kind. We expected 5K-6K visitors at the opening day, but ended up with a little over 21K!!